NJ Paleo Girl
Paleo Living and Organic Eating: Health, Fitness, Nutrition
Paleo Girl Cafe
What I'm Eating
NJ Paleo Girl's aStore
Monday, February 7, 2011
Cabbage Soup Recipe
6 large Organic Scallions (both green and white parts)
2 Organic Green Bell Peppers
2 cans of Organic Diced Tomatoes
I used 2 cans of
Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic
3 Large Organic Carrots
10 oz. of Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 Bunch of Organic Celery
1 head of Organic Cabbage
16oz Organic Vegetable Stock
I used 2 boxes of
Pacific Natural Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
1. Slice scallions, both white and green parts, put in a pot and start to saute with cooking spray.
2. Cut celery, mushrooms, green peppers, and carrots into bite size pieces and add to pot.
3. Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
4. If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of chili powder now.
5. Add 10 cups of water and 16oz Vegetable Stock to pot, cover and put heat on low.
6. Let soup cook/simmer for two hours
7. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic
This soup was a little spicy and hearty. Also very healthy and filling. All in all, I would use this recipe again, even if not following the entire "cabbage soup diet." And it's paleo, YAY!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post Comments (Atom)