Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!
Mother’s Day was very nice for my mom this year (so she says!). We started the morning out with coffee and a trip to the gym! This is not just any gym though, this is more like MECCA for the gym rat, I would move in if I could!! My parents belong to Lifetime Fitness in Florham Park NJ, and this place is AMAZING! They have an outdoor pool, opening soon, with loungers, lap lanes, and WATER SLIDES, plus two indoor pools! They also have a pretty sweet café, salon, spa, rock wall, basketball courts, squash, Pilate and Yoga studio, classes galore, a fun spot to drop the kiddies, and more cardio and weights than I’ve ever seen in one place, as well as the handiest stretching machine I’ve ever used! They also have gorgeous locker rooms with saunas and the best smelling shower products. Anyone else a member? Will you take me back as your guest! Haha.
To reward our efforts at the gym we headed home for a nice low key brunch. We started with a cheese board (Dubliner, Queso Manchego, and Jarlsberg) with a fig and almond loaf that was just delish. For brunch we served two types of scrambled eggs (plain and with scallions) with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Taylor Ham and Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus (this was a huge hit, and the recipe is below! Sure easy for a dinner party, brunch, or pot-luck appetizer). We ended brunch with a big bowl of strawberries and very full bellies!
• As many slices of thinly sliced prosciutto as asparagus spears
• Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Lightly cover bottom of 9x13 baking dish with Oil and Pepper
3. Roll asparagus in oil
4. Tightly wrap each asparagus spear in a slice of prosciutto.
5. Place in baking dish
6. Put dish in oven for 10 minutes, after 5 minutes flip all spears
7. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy! (can be kept warm in oven until the rest of brunch is ready!)