Summer heat getting to you? I know it has me sweating... what better way to cool down (and get rid of those ripe bananas sitting on your counter) than making Frozen Nanners on a Stick?
That's right, there is no better way! Hooray!
Take some time out today to whip these up and I promise you won't be disappointed. They are delicious and hit the spot.
- medium bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 4 Tsp of Coconut Oil
- 4 squares of Dagoba 87% pure Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of Agave Nectar
- 12 craft or wooden popsicle sticks
- Chopped Nuts (Walnuts, Pecan, or Almonds work well)
- 1 handful of finely shredded coconut (try it Toasted!)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the shredded coconut in a microwave-safe bowl. You can either microwave the mixture for 30 seconds at a time (watching carefully) or place it in a double boiler type position.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat and insert sticks lengthwise into the center of each banana.
- Place toasted coconut in a shallow plate.
- When chocolate is ready, tilt the bowl, and, working one at a time, dip the bananas evenly into the chocolate mixture. Tilt and turn to coat the banana evenly. Tilt banana so excess chocolate can drip back into the bowl.
- When chocolate is just set, roll banana in the toasted coconut or nuts and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat to coat all the bananas.
- Place bananas in freezer to set up, at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
You can also cut up the bananas into smaller pieces and make Frozen Nanner Bites!!! Yum!